CP-22/24 Chil-Pruf™ Coating is an effective asphalt based cutback fibrated vapor barrier coating for use over insulations on piping and equipment operating at low to moderately high temperatures. Properly applied, CHIL-PRUF vapor barrier coating provides protection against atmospheric corrosives, chemical dusts, fumes, fogs, and moisture. The cured coating forms a highly impermeable, tough, durable, and well-bonded finish.
- Grades Available: CP-22 Trowel Grade , CP-24 Heavy Duty Airless Spray Grade
- Colors: Black
- Wet Weight: 8.1 lbs./U.S. gal. 0.97 kg/liter
- Average non-volatile: 60% to 63% by volume.
- Service Temperature Range: -60°F to 325°F (-51°C to 163°C )
- Application Temperature Range: 50°F to 100°F ( 10°C to 38°C )
- Drying Time: To Touch--2 Hours, Through--24 Hours ; Temperature, humidity and film thickness will affect drying time.
- Coverage: Varies with substrate and membrane. 9.7-12.7 U.S. gal./100 sq. ft. (4.0-5.2 l/m2)
- Clean Up: Mineral spirits (flammable), chlorinated solvent (non-flammable)
- Water Vapor Permeability: (ASTM -E96) : 0.02 to .03 perms (Procedure E) @ .094" (2.4 mm) thickness
- Surface burning characteristics: (ASTM E-84, Tunnel Test) . Surface: Inorganic reinforced cement board Flame Spread Index: 150
CP-22/24 contains no asbestos, lead, mercury, or mercury compounds.
Other notable features:
- Typical Use: Industrial
- Fiberglass and Mineral Wool: Good
- Rigid Insulation: Good
- Volatile Component: Solvent
- Perm Rating: 0.02 to 0.03 Perms
- Flash Point: Over 100oF (37oC)