CP-25 Chil-Brate™ Coating is a water based fire retardant fibrated asphalt emulsion weather barrier coating for use over insulations on above ground installations operating at moderate to high temperature service. Since it is a “breathing" coating, vapors under pressure will pass through it. When dry, the film is tough and durable. It provides protection against atmospheric corrosives, chemical liquids, and fumes.
- Colors: Black
- Wet Weight: 8.7 lbs./U.S. Gallons (1.04 kg/liter)
- Average Non-Volatile: 50% by volume, 52% by weight
- Service Temperature Range: -20°F to 200°F (-29°C to 93°C)
- Drying Time: (Drying time will vary depending upon film thickness, temperature, and humidity.) 24-48 hours
- Coverage: 15 gallons per 100 sq. ft. (6.1liters/sq.m) Varies with substrate and membrane.
- Clean Up: Clean water, followed by mineral spirits.
CP-25 contains no asbestos, lead, mercury, or mercury compounds.
Other notable features:
- Typical Use: Industrial
- Fiberglass and Mineral Wool: Good
- Rigid Insulation: Good
- Calcium Silicate: Good
- Volatile Component: Water