Foster® 32-17™ Safetee™ Duct Sealant is a fire resistive, fibrated water-based, indoor/outdoor vapor barrier sealant for low, medium and high velocity heating and air-conditioning ducts. It performs as a tough and flexible adhesive and sealant, forming a durable seal against air leakage when used with or without reinforcing tape or membrane. Mechanical fasteners of the type and number normally used for duct assemblies are required to provide rigidity to the duct system.
- Excellent weather resistance, low water vapor permeance and good water resistance, allowing it to be used outdoors and in high humidity environments.
- U.V. resistant.
- When dry, it may be painted with good quality water base paint.
- Pressure tested within 16 hours dry time above 70ºF (21ºC) and below 60% RH.
- Quickly forms a strong bond to galvanized, aluminum or mild steel metal ducts.
- Mild odor when wet.
- Meet all SMACNA pressure classes up to 10" w.g. and SMACNA seal classes A, B, and C on ducts constructed to SMACNA standards.
- Tested up to 15" w.g. and passed with no sealant blow out.
- Complies with current requirements regarding use in meat and poultry processing areas under federal inspection.
- Letter of compliance is available upon request.
- No asbestos, lead, mercury, or mercury compounds.