Foster® 85-50™ Pressure Sensitive Adhesive is a fast tacking water-based pressure sensitive adhesive used to adhere a wide variety of insulation materials to metal or other construction surfaces where immediate adhesion and high initial adhesive strength are required. It can be used either as a one way wet or dry bond, or as a two way contact cement. It is compatible with polystyrene foam insulation.
PRESSURE SENSITIVE ADHESIVE meets ASTM C916, Type II (ASC-A-7001A, Type II requirements.
- Good initial wet grab, and develops a permanent aggressive tack on drying.
- Well suited for use as a contact adhesive when bonding two impermeable surfaces.
- Can be easily sprayed with either air assisted or low pressure airless spraying equipment without cobwebbing.
- Can also be used for adhering difficult substrates like polyethylene film, phenolic, polyolefin, PVC or elastomeric foam, or fiberglass reinforced plastic.
- No asbestos, lead, mercury, or mercury compounds, and features a very low VOC level (<1gm/liter).